Sunday, October 21, 2012

Autumn and Plush Prototype

This year is going by so quickly... and so is this pregnancy! Only a little over five weeks left before my baby boy arrives. I'm getting nervous about the labor, but the first one went great so I shouldn't have any problems. The nesting urge has certainly kicked in too! I've become a crazy sewing lady with fabric and thread being thrown every which way! My poor hubby has to put up with my pieces of fabric being drug around the house by our toddler, haha. At least she's getting some enjoyment out of it! She even pretends to iron the little pieces and organize them in my fabric bins. So cute! I can't wait for her to be old enough to learn how to sew.
That crazy nesting urge has motivated me to try out some new patterns and new designs. Recently I tried my hand at sewing some burp cloths and wash cloths for the new baby. That was so easy and so fun to do. Its nice to get something done so quickly. I do most of my sewing when Lucy is napping so projects that can be completed before she wakes up are always satisfying!
Along with baby related projects I also prototyped and created a new plush design : an owl! The finished owl is so adorable! I plan to sew these up for my daughter and my niece for Christmas. I do think after looking at it for awhile I may still change a few things, but overall I'm pretty happy with the design. I'm also thinking about trying to come up with a new doll design, but I'm not sure what changes I want to make yet. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!
Next on the list of things to do is finish quilting baby boy's quilt! I just have to do the stitching in the ditch and bind it up - voila it will be done! Its so nice that the cooler weather is here since our AC went kaput. I actually have the energy to get all these projects done!

Are there any projects you would like to see me try? If you have a pattern you'd like me to try out and review I would be happy to do so! Just send me an email pixelized11@hotmail.com

Check out Hoot the Owl! What do you think? My daughter's eyes lit up when she saw her! Awww


Below are two photos of the burp cloth/ wash cloth combos I finished. I've had the top fabric forever and I didn't know what to do with it until now! Its such a stylishly pretty fabric!



Until next time,
Melissa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the owl so much! My blog is called A Spectacled Owl & I have owls all over. SO CUTE!